Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Southern Sweets Divine Dessert Table

Phoenix Arizona is my home, but I am a Southern girl at heart.  Born and raised in the South, my roots take me back to my grandmother's kitchen and her sewing room.  This dessert table is the realization of my heritage, right down to the tastes. Gracious, glamorous, delicious, and abundant....the epitome of Southern Hospitality. The masculine pinstripe combined with the feminine flowing pale pink skirt merge bride and groom..






 Chocolate and Vanilla Buttermilk Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting were baked in natural parchment paper.  The lace trim at the table was custom dyed to match the pinstripe gray backdrop fabric.  The skirt on  the table is blush pink chiffon with a pink satin underlay, custom made by Angela Saban Design, I wanted to create the feeling of the skirt of a dress, flowing and beautiful.  Sparkling Pink Lemonade in champagne flutes.



Buttemilk Blanc Mange by Angela Saban Design with fresh peaches slices and blueberries in shot glasses.


 Bourbon Pecan Tarts by Divalicious Catering's Veronica Arroyo.
Rich Chocolate Tarts with chocolate crust and whipped cream and shaved chocolate topping by 
Divalicious Catering's Veronica Arroyo
Blackberry Tarts, my personal favorite, by Divalicious Catering.  I spent many hours as a child picking these from bushes and suffering the "chiggers" for their deliciousness!

Red Velvet Cake with buttercream Frosting created by Veronica Arroyo and covered with fresh flowers from Cactus Flowers. My grandmother's antique silver cake pedestal, no one knows how many weddings it has been to.

1 comment: