Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pick a Flower- Dogwood Blooms

Creature Comforts










































One of my favorite bloggers, Ez at Creature Comforts, reminded me today of how much I miss my childhood home...North Carolina.  This time of year brings memories of blooms from bulbs planted long ago.  And trees bursting with delicate blooms that make the branches look as if they are "lit up" with color.
source


























When I opened my email today and caught my first glimpse of these gorgeous blooms, my heart ached.  I could almost hear my Grandma telling me that the Dogwood Tree was a very special tree...it is a tree that tells the story of Easter.  The blooms of the Dogwood tree symbolize the Crucifiction of Christ.
eyefetch






































The center of the flower has it's own crown of thorns, and each delicate white petal bears the dark red mark of the nails that were driven into his hands and feet, and yet the flowers are so beautiful that to see a tree in full bloom can take your breath away.

The Dogwood will forever be a symbol of Easter and the renewal that Spring brings. This is a time to be grateful for blessings and new beginnings, family and friends, past and future.
Have a sweet day.



the annotated floral

No comments:

Post a Comment