Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cake Bunting + Chocolate Ganache

Cake Bunting is all the rage right now, I am seeing pictures everywhere of sweet little fabric or paper creations.  So, when I was asked to bake a cake for a graduation from Culinary School, I created this from ribbon and fabric.  I found the twisted yarn at Micheal's and the beads on top of the bamboo skewers were cut from some lace I had left over from a previous project.





































The cake is Vanilla Bean and layered with fresh strawberries and Chocolate Italian Meringue Butter Cream.  Then I covered the cake in Dark Chocolate Ganache and topped it with more strawberries and even more Butter Cream Details.  This cake is over the top decadent, and I think the bunting was the perfect touch for an intimate cocktail party celebration for the graduate.
I can't wait to try more bunting, a fun little project using all of the odds and ends I have collected from so many holidays, and dessert tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment