Friday, September 2, 2011

GFXCON + Yellow + Grey Dessert Table

Happy Friday!  I finally found the time to recover some pictures from the GFXCON that was held in Scottsdale recently and featured so many wonderful vendors in the gluten free world.  Kirstin from Nourish Restaurant was such a gracious hostess for the day, and  I had the opportunity to meet some wonderful people, make some fantastic connections and managed to pass out 300 samples of cake!  Wow, what a day!
I put together a dessert table using grey linens and lace, white cake stands and platters, and bright yellow flowers.  Yellow rosebuds, gorgeous yellow and white spider mums, and lots of yellow sparking butter cream that just screamed SUMMER!
 The new website Angelcakesgf.com was launched the same weekend, and I wanted to share with all the guests just exactly what a standard cake actually was, so I made this one in vanilla bean butter cream with bright yellow details and little black fondant silver glitter balls.  Afterwards, it was presented to the staff of Nourish to enjoy after their long day was over.  Double Chocolate, and very decadent.

This lovely little "Dinner Cake" was also premiered at this event.  I will be posting this fall about "Bringing back the Dinner Party".  My parents used to throw these fabulous little dinner parties with their friends which included lots of good food, usually an interesting theme for the cuisine, and always a luscious dessert. This little cake will feed about 10 guests, and can be designed to suit the party theme.  Black fondant and grey flowers are just so elegant, and I am loving dogwood blooms event his late in the summer.
 In the closeup you will also notice my newest little obsession...rhinestone blooms.  the little white sugar flowers have rhinestones in the center!  Little grey leaves are scattered on the base of the platter.

Sorry that there were not more pictures of the day, but I was really busy and forgot until Elba reminded me!  Thanks for taking these for me, you always seem to be around when I need you!.  I had a wonderful time meeting everyone and sharing some cake!  Looking forward to the next Gluten Free Event, on April 21st at the Doubletree Resort in Scottsdale.

No comments:

Post a Comment