Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Gluten Free Engagement Cake

Last week I had the pleasure of meeting Amy, a beautiful, blushing newly engaged bride to be.  She called me to tell me of the recent proposal and to ask for a Gluten Free Birthday/ Engagement cake.  She was having a celebration with family, loves chocolate cake, roses, pink and white. 


































I love the newest cake bunting trend, so for this cake decided to cut it from fondant and engrave the letters then paint them with edible color.  I think it turned out really cute, and I thought Amy was going to cry when she saw it.  But she could have just been really happy at the thought of eating CAKE!
  If you have been gluten free for a while, you start to really miss goodies like this, especially on special occasions like birthdays.  You start to tell yourself that maybe you just don't deserve a special treat, and you don't want the people you love to suffer through a bad gluten free dessert, just so you can celebrate. 
And for me, I just did not want to spend a lot of money (gluten free specialty items can cost a LOT) on a cake or dessert, and then take a bite only to discover that it was REALLY LOUSY.  It was all the motivation I needed to start Angel Cakes Bakery.  Now, when I meet people like Amy, I just want to surprise them and their family with a cake that is really good, over-the-top beautiful and delicious enough to share with everyone, not just the gluten free. 



Congratulations Amy and Charles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment