Friday, October 14, 2011

Gluten Free + Dairy Free Lemon Cake

By now everyone should know that I love Birthday Cake.  Maybe because I spent so many birthdays without one!  No one should have a Birthday without cake, and no one should have to eat BAD cake on their birthday!  That's my philosophy, and I'm sticking to it.  With that in mind, I have really been working hard on perfecting a Gluten Free, Dairy Free (also vegan) cake.  I love butter, but this combination is as close as you can get to the real thing, shhhh, no one has to know.

The Birthday girl was taking this cake to Chelsea's Kitchen for dinner with her family.  I am going there for a tour of their venue today, and can't wait to check it out.  I've heard lots of great stuff about this place.  I will post some pictures this weekend of the newly remodeled Arcadia Room. 

Hope you have a sweet weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Angela, this looks incredible and it something I could now enjoy :) I wanted to thank you for your super sweet and informative comment on my 'going gluten-free post'--I am so very appreciate for your words and that you took the time to share with me. Thank you! I am excited to check out your other cakes and goodies, they are so beautiful!

    Take care,

    Katie

    ReplyDelete